Are you up on your geothermal heating and cooling info?
Geothermal heating and cooling is becoming more popular as a source of residential power. It is, however, still not as well-known as one might think. So, here are some interesting facts about geothermal energy and geothermal energy products.
- Geothermal energy will not run out because hot water can always be re-injected back into the ground from whence it came.
- Geothermal energy is good for clean air and an excellent source of green energy.
- Iceland mostly relies on geothermal energy for its power source.
- Volcanic areas especially tend to make use of geothermal energy because geysers and volcanoes are excellent sources of geothermic energy.
- Geothermal energy can be cheaper on the pocket book as compared to other sources.
- The main products for residential geothermic use are heating, electricity, and geothermal heat pumps.
- This form of energy is not a new concept. It has been around since ancient times, harnessed from hot water sources.
- The use of geothermal energy means you emit fewer greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
- Only 1 percent of the energy produced in the United States comes from geothermal sources.
- The word geothermal comes from Greek roots, with geo meaning earth and therme meaning heat.
If you'd like information about how geothermal heating and cooling products can help you keep your home or office comfortable, call 803.772.4490.