Pre-heating repair checklist of furnace problems you can fix yourself.
Everyone has their own reason for wanting to do their own home repairs when possible: mistrust of repairmen, personal preference, wanting to save money. This isn't always the best idea when it comes to your heating system - there is a reason you call in the experts, after all - but there are a few things you can try yourself before calling in the experts.
Here are 5 things you can try before picking up the phone:
- If your furnace won't turn on, start by checking for a tripped breaker in your breaker box.
- For gas furnaces, verify that your pilot light is burning.
- If you cannot get the pilot light to re-light, make sure the gas valve is fully open. If the pilot light will still not light, or it will not stay burning, call a heating repair professional.
- If the furnace seems to be blowing cool air, replace the filter and make sure that none of your registers are blocked by rugs, furniture, curtains, etc. Raise the thermostat setting several degrees and see if you notice a difference.
- If the blower won't stop running, make sure that the fan setting on your thermostat is set to AUTO, and not ON.
With temperatures dropping to record lows this winter, you need the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your furnace will provide reliable, consistent heat. Our licensed heating repair experts bring the latest heating industry knowledge to every repair they make. Call on Comfort Services for your heating repair needs. Schedule an appointment by today.