As summer approaches and temperatures rise, your heating and air conditioning unit works harder than it does at any other time of the year. To ensure it runs efficiently, follow these tips before it gets any hotter.
Tips for Preparing Your AC for Summer
Hiring someone to perform inspections of both the indoor and outdoor units is the first step. The pros can prevent small problems from turning into big ones and can catch issues before they cause a breakdown of your HVAC unit during the hottest summer days. After performing the inspection, they will repair or replace any wires, tubing, lines, pipe insulation or anything else necessary.
In the meantime, you can do the following:
- Clean your outdoor unit, including the coils. It needs to be clear of dust and debris to work efficiently. Ensure the area around the unit doesn't get overrun with weeds or grass.
- Change the air filter in your indoor unit. By changing the filter regularly, you can make sure your HVAC system runs at optimal performance.
- Clean the return grills and supply vents in your home for optimal air flow.
- If there is a cover or coil blanket on the unit, remove it.
- Do a test of your system to make sure it runs and successfully brings your home temperature down to a comfortable level.
Let the Professionals Help You Prepare for Summer
A professional heating and air conditioning technician can help you take care of all your pre-summer preparation and troubleshooting. The time is right to schedule your inspection with our experts at Comfort Services and keep your HVAC unit running smoothly when you need it most.