Is It True That Smart Thermostat Must be in Your Arsenal of HVAC Products?
Not long ago, programmable thermostats were one of the most exciting new HVAC products on the market. People could set that little box on the wall to keep their home a little warmer while everyone was at work or school during the day, and set it to cool things down just before everyone came home. This reduced air conditioning activity, saved people big money, and gave them peace of mind in knowing that those changes were automatic and could be adjusted at any time.
But the new generation of smart thermostats has set the bar even higher. Smart thermostats are the new standard for living comfortably in your home. These innovative and interactive HVAC products are as hands on or hands off as you would like them to be. Some advantages of a smart thermostat include:
- Save about 10% a year on your monthly heating and cooling bills simply by turning your thermostat back 10-15 degrees for eight hours.
- While you are on vacation, your smart thermostat does all the work. You can set the air conditioning to a more efficient temperature while you are gone, and a few hours before you return, the thermostat can be set to cool down before you get home.
- Some systems allow you to download an app for your smart phone that lets you control your system from wherever you are in the world.
- Some smart thermostats display settings that allow you to check the weather, evaluate how efficiently your system is running, or contact your HVAC company for technical support or maintenance.
- Your smart thermostat can remind you when it's time to change your filters or schedule routine maintenance for your HVAC products.
- The smartest thermostats will "learn" about your heating and cooling activity, and also take weather conditions into consideration to anticipate your heating or cooling preferences.
Smart thermostats make controlling the comfort level in your home much easier by putting the controls at your fingertips. You no longer have to spend the day wondering if you remembered to reset the thermostat this morning - simply pull out your phone and make the adjustment. Comfort Services installs the latest smart thermostat technology every day for our customers.
If you are ready to make the jump to the latest in HVAC products, you can schedule an appointment with one of our experts to discuss your HVAC wants and needs.